Sample literature reviewMarch 02, 2014 - Posted to Examples
What It Entails
The bits in research writing that are sure to drive you crazy includes the art of writing literature reviews. Here at USessay.com we receive numerous complaints and fears by students who are not sure what to do with this element in research writing and you can see their panic even when assigning you the work. You have possibly just a clue of what it entails and what we will focus on is how to make it work without having to panic and find the whole exercise too complex. Learning how to write a sample literature review is an art and a discipline that you have to learn and cultivate. It is part of the research writing that seriously caries a lot in terms of grade and one you cannot ignore. It will also cost you time and energy to learn and this possibly answers why it is recommendable to work with an online service provider like us at USessay.com for you to master it all effectively.
- Pick on the topic of your choice. Here at USessay.com we will ask you to choose a topic of your literature review sample that is the same to the final project you intend to carry on. Although you are at freedom to pick any choice of your interest, the latter helps you lay foundations for other particular works that relate to your final project in research writing. Moreover the professors will also require you to show competence in your writing and to learn this they often ask you to follow the same; where the two topics are the same for them to have an easier follow up process on your work.
- Decide on the literature you will review. In writing a literature review sample, you need to identify which particular of literature you would like to review and how you will do it. The professors often give guidelines on this and it is always critical to follow these instructions as they focus on the objectives that you have to meet. Here at USessay.com our team of professionals have data base insights that you can use to familiarize yourself with online data bases that you can use as well as providing you with services that qualify your paper on the same directly.
- Carry out an analysis of the literature. At this stage you follow your literature review outline template by analysing the information you have identified. The crucial element in this stage is to carry out an overview of the information obtained then carefully categorizing the information to smaller units such as topics and subtopics in your writing for you to come up with the landmarks and case studies that can help you formulate a strategy to use in your case study or research writing.
- Take notes. The way to learn and effectively cover the essential parts and elements in the literature review samples as you will be strongly advised when you come to us at USessay.com is to learn to take notes in the various stages of your writing. They are essential in identifying the gaps you have in your writing as well as making sure that you cover all the parts of the review. The notes gives you the synopsis of the patterns you would like to us in the writing, the quotes you would like to follow on and even the references that you must reflect at the end of the writing. They are the backbone of your review and you have to simply be glued to them in your sample literature review paper.
- Make a summary of your review. After you have carried out your research, we normally ask you here at USessay.com to summarize the review in a table format as you group the various pieces of the writing into topics and subtopics. You can create tables to capture a number of subdivisions and categories that help you to analyse, group, and organise your research findings.
- Carry out the Synthesis of your review. If you would simply stop at step five, you would not have solved what is literature review in research writing. It would only be a writing that is still not clear. This is an essential bit where you look at the gathered findings and you consider the various issues that go into your writing. The voice and the tone you use is critical in this review and therefore deciding on the purpose of our writing and how to say it becomes essential at this stage. This also involves formulating a plan that will aid in how you will represent you findings, you formulate a topic template that focuses on the objectives you have laid and how the pieces fit together in your argument and discursive part of your writing.